Harvard Serves at the Freestore Foodbank
Saturday, December 4
9 am- 11:30 am
We are looking forward to returning to our annual service project, helping to find food insecurity in our community! We usually pack PowerPacks, weekend food for children. The pandemic has made access to adequate food even harder for many more families. A couple of hours of your time makes a big difference! And it is fun working together to meet our daily goal. Our group can include children aged 8 years and up with accompanying adult. Kids can get service hours for school if they wish. It's been a long, dreary couple of years. By helping the FSFB, you can fill your soul while filling bellies.
Signing up is easy! Below is the link to self-register for your volunteer shift. Your group’s participation will be critical in the work that we do at the warehouse. We need 15 volunteers per shift. We rely on the work of our volunteers to provide food to children, seniors and families. For questions, contact Kate Molinsky.
Registration/Landing Page link: http://vhub.at/xharvardclubofcincinnati
Each volunteer will need to go through and sign up using this process:
First Time Users –There is a 4-step process for users new to Volunteer Hub:
1. Click the link above
2. Click the “sign up” button on the right side of the webpage. In the case that your company volunteers often, please inform you team members to look for the date and the team leader’s last name as a point of reference for the event. It’s in red.
Harvard Club of Cincinnati - Molinsky
3. Create an account – the system will prompt you to log in or create a new account profile. (You will receive a “Freestore Foodbank Account Created” confirmation email once successfully completed.)
4. The system should direct you to sign up for the event after creating your profile. If it does not, return to the original webpage via the link given and click the “sign up” button again. (You will receive an Event Confirmation email when completed.)
1. Click the link above
2. Log in using your username and password
3. Sign up for the event you wish to participate in with your group (See #2 above)
Please know that I am happy to assist with challenges related to forgetting a password/username or with any trouble related to accessing the database.
COVID-19 Volunteer Guidelines
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST WEAR A MASK WHILE VOLUNTEERING.
· All Volunteers must be registered on our Volunteer Hub before entering our Freestore Foodbank location. If registration is not completed online, the volunteer cannot enter the building to volunteer. (use the link below to register).
· Arrive 10 to 15 minutes before the start of the shift to allow for COVID-19 procedures.
· Hand Washing and/or Hand Sanitizer Stations are provided throughout our volunteer areas – Please wash your hands upon arrival. Hand washing should last at least 20 seconds under warm water.
· Maintain Social Distance upon entering the building, by standing on the orange Duck Feet. You will be greeted by a Freestore Foodbank Staff member to enter the building.
· Groups must be able to provide the number of volunteers requested for the volunteer shift. If you are unable to provide the required/requested number, please inform us 5 days in advance. (email Carolyn at email@example.com)
· Washing of hands before the start of the volunteer shift is mandatory.
· Wash hands before leaving the volunteer shift.
If you have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 prior to 2 weeks of your volunteer event, you will not be allowed to volunteer.
A Few Friendly Reminders…
Registration: All volunteers must be registered in our Volunteer Hub to volunteer for the scheduled volunteer event. We will not accept the completed paper waivers for volunteers to participate.
Clothing: Please know all volunteers must wear comfortable clothing with closed toe shoes and shirts with sleeves. No flip flops or sandals are allowed in the warehouse.
Masks/Gloves: All volunteers will be required to wear masks/gloves while participating in the volunteer event task.
Parking: We have parking in the front of our building, the West Lot, and on the street in front of the warehouse. Please do not park in the East Lot. Do not block Dock Bays.
Arrival: Please have all volunteers arrive no more than 10 minutes before the shift at the volunteer entrance (you will see signage). All volunteers must be registered in our Volunteer Hub to volunteer for the scheduled volunteer event.
Age Limit: All volunteers must be at least 8 years of age. All volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. A minimum of 1 adult is required to accompany every 4 minors up to age 16. A minimum of 1 adult is required for every 8 minors ages 16-17.
Together, We Can Solve Hunger!
Saturday, December 4 9 AM - 11:30 AM
1250 Tennessee Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229