Harvard Community Service
at the Freestore Foodbank
Saturday December 7--We need 10 caring volunteers!
Families with kids 8 and up encouraged--service hours available. Satisfy your fitness tracker. Endorphins guaranteed.
When? Saturday December 7, 1 pm to 3:30 pm.
Where? FSFB’s Mayerson Distribution Center, 1250 Tennessee Avenue, Cincinnati 45229
What? We will pack Power Packs (weekend food parcels for food-insecure children), help with food sorting, etc.
Who can volunteer? Up to 10 volunteers: Adults and children 8+ years old
How do I sign up? Instructions below. Register here: http://vhub.at/xharvardclubofcincinnati with the Molinsky group
Questions? Kate Molinsky
Our group’s participation will be critical in the work at the warehouse. Please try to register by November 23 so the FSFB knows they can count on us. They rely on the work of volunteers to provide food to children, seniors and families. When volunteer groups cancel, it does make a hardship in meeting the service needs for the community.
Childhood hunger is a reality and it exists in neighborhoods across the region. More than over 80,000 children in our tristate area may not know from where their next meal is coming.
How Hunger Impacts Kids
Research shows that hungry children are more likely to be vulnerable to illness, lack focus, low energy and score lower on achievement tests. These children are more likely to suffer from poverty as adults.
Feeding Hungry Children
Freestore Foodbank has several programs aimed at tackling the issue of childhood hunger and ensuring children are receiving the proper nutrition they need to help them succeed in life.
Signing up is easy! Below is the link to distribute to your team in order to self-register for your volunteer shift:
Landing Page link: http://vhub.at/xharvardclubofcincinnati
Each volunteer will need to go through and sign up using this process:
First Time Users –There is a 4-step process for users new to Volunteer Hub:
- Click the link above
- Click the “sign up” button on the right side of the webpage. In the case that your company volunteers often, please inform you team members to look for the date and the team leader’s last name as a point of reference for the event. It’s in red.
Harvard Club of Cincinnati - Molinsky
- Create an account – the system will prompt you to log in or create a new account profile. (You will receive a “Freestore Foodbank Account Created” confirmation email once successfully completed.)
- The system should direct you to sign up for the event after creating your profile. If it does not, return to the original webpage via the link given and click the “sign up” button again. (You will receive an Event Confirmation email when completed.)
- Click the link above
- Log in using your username and password
- Sign up for the event you wish to participate in with your group (See #2 above)
A Few Friendly Reminders…
Clothing: Please know all volunteers must wear comfortable clothing with closed toe shoes and shirts with sleeves. No flip flops or sandals are allowed in the warehouse.
Parking: We have parking in the front of our building, the West Lot, and on the street in front of the warehouse. Please do not park in the East Lot. Do not block Dock Bays.
Arrival: Please have all volunteers arrive no more than 10 minutes before the shift at the volunteer entrance (you will see signage).
Age Limit: All volunteers must be at least 13 years of age. All volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. A minimum of 1 adult is required to accompany every 4 minors up to age 16. A minimum of 1 adult is required for every 8 minors ages 16-17.